We are indebted to others who have generously allowed us to use their material, whether books, art, studies, etc. and are happy to provide more information about them here.
Art, Pictures, Graphics
The image of a girl on the Home page is from a painting by Richard Johnson that I commissioned specifically to set the tone for the study of Song of Solomon. Several times she is alone on her bed sharing her thoughts. Song of Solomon is unique in the way that we hear in her words what she says as well as what she is thinking.
Website: Richard Johnson.
Survey on why humans have sex.
Cindy M. Meston PH.D., and David M Buss, PH.D
C. M. Meston (&) D. M. Buss
Department of Psychology, University of Texas at Austin,
108 E. Dean Keeton, Austin, TX 78712, USA
(1) Franz Delitzsch, The Song of Songs and Ecclesiastes (Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, n.d), p 20.
(2) the New Bible Dictionary, ed. J. D. Douglas (Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1962), p. 906.
(3) Joseph C. Dillow, Solomon on Sex, Thomas Nelson,(New York) 1977, p. 13.
(7) Robert Gordis, The Song of Songs (New York): The Jewish Theological Seminary of America, 1956), p. 51. See also, DR Otto Zockler, The Song of Songs (Lange’s Commentary, 12 vols: Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 19670) Vol V. p.62
(12) Rabbi Dr S M Lehrman, The Song of Songs (the Five Megilloth, Hebrew Text, English Translation, ed. Dr. A Cohen: The Sonzino Press, 1946l, p.5.
(13) R. B Laurin, “The Song of Songs and its Modern usage.” Christianity Today, Vol., XI, Nol22, August 3, 1962, p. 10.
(14) International Standard Bible Encyclopedia, ed. James Orr (5 vols.: Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1939), I, 384.
(20) Marvin H Pope, Song of Songs, (New York): Doubleday, 1977
(21) Roland E Murphy, O. Carm., The Song of Songs, (Minneapolis): Fortress, 1990.
(22) S Craig Glickman, A Song for Lovers, (Illinois); InterVarsity, 1976.
(22a) Dr Craig Glickman, Solomon’s Song of Love, Howard Publishing (Louisiana), 2004
(23) Don DeWelt, Song of Solomon, (Missouri): College Press, 1977.
(24) Arnold G Fruchtenbaum, Biblical Lovemaking, (San Antonio): Ariel, 1983.
(25) Wesley J Fuerst, The Books of Ruth, Esther, Ecclesiastes, the song of songs, Lamentations, (Cambridge) Cambridge University Press, 1975.
(26) S Craig Glickman, The Unity of the Song of Solomon, Thesis, Dallas Theological Seminary, 1974.
(27) Hugh J Schonfield, The Song of Songs (New York; Mentor, 1959), p. 106.
(28) Watchman Nee, Song of Songs, (Pennsylvania), Christian Literature Crusade, 1965.
(29) Othmar Keel, translated by Frederick J. Gaiser, The Song of Songs, (Minneapolis), Fortress Press, 1994.
(30) Tremper Longman III, Song of Songs, Eerdmans Publishing, Grand Rapids, 2001.
(31) Daniel G Amen, M.D., Sex on the Brain, Harmony books, New York, 2007.
(32) David Reuben, M.D.,Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex, but Were Afraid to Ask, McKay, New York, 1969.
(33) Why Women Have Sex, Cindy M. Meston, PH.D., and David M. Buss, PH.D, Times Books, Henry Hold and Company, New York,2009.