If you say No, Stop or Wait, he might say:
- you are just afraid
- you just listen to your mother and not yourself
- just try it this one time
- I can get out in time — trust me
To start with, if you believe that last one, you better put the home pregnancy test on you shopping list. He will have plenty of excuses afterward, but don’t count on him following through on this one.
For any of these, he is simply changing the subject.
Are the two of you in a relationship together? Then:
- if he thinks that any of these are true, he should be the one saying “Let’s stop or wait”
- if he doesn’t take the lead, he should let you take the lead to stop or wait
Otherwise, he is saying I want what I want when I want it.
He certainly doesn’t want an equal, someone who’s thoughts and opinions matter as much as his own opinions.
Does that work for you?