List of commentaries
This is a list of books that comment about Song of Solomon. They are the people I call, so called experts. They have studied and it is worth checking out what they say. But don’t just believe something because they say it and it is published in a book. Study for yourself.
(1) Franz Delitzsch, The Song of Songs and Ecclesiastes (Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, n.d), p 20.
(2)the New Bible Dictionary, ed. J. D. Douglas (Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1962), p. 906.
(3)Joseph C. Dillow, Solomon on Sex, Thomas Nelson,(New York) 1977, p. 13.
This is the book Gene loaned to me – one on order from half.com
(7) Robert Gordis, The Song of Songs (New York): The Jewish Theological Seminary of America, 1956), p. 51. See also, DR Otto Zockler, The Song of Songs (Lange’s Commentary, 12 vols: Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 19670) Vol V. p.62
(12) Rabbi Dr S M Lehrman, The Song of Songs (the Five Megilloth, Hebrew Text, English Translation, ed. Dr. A Cohen: The Sonzino Press, 1946l, p.5.
(13) R. B Laurin, “The Song of Songs and its Modern usage.” Christianity Today, Vol., XI, Nol22, August 3, 1962, p. 10.
(14) International Standard Bible Encyclopedia, ed. James Orr (5 vols.: Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1939), I, 384.
(20) Marvin H Pope, Song of Songs, (New York): Doubleday, 1977
(21) Roland E Murphy, O. Carm., The Song of Songs, (Minneapolis): Fortress, 1990.
(22) S Craig Glickman, A Song for Lovers, (Illinois); InterVarsity, 1976.
(22a) Dr Craig Glickman, Solomon’s Song of Love, Howard Publishing (Louisiana), 2004
(23) Don DeWelt, Song of Solomon, (Missouri): College Press, 1977.
(24) Arnold G Fruchtenbaum, Biblical Lovemaking, (San Antonio): Ariel, 1983.
(25) Wesley J Fuerst, The Books of Ruth, Esther, Ecclesiastes, the song of songs, Lamentations, (Cambridge) Cambridge University Press, 1975.
(26) S Craig Glickman, The Unity of the Song of Solomon, Thesis, Dallas Theological Seminary, 1974.
(27) Hugh J Schonfield, The Song of Songs (New York; Mentor, 1959), p. 106.
(28) Watchman Nee, Song of Songs, (Pennsylvania), Christian Literature Crusade, 1965.
(29) Othmar Keel, translated by Frederick J. Gaiser, The Song of Songs, (Minneapolis), Fortress Press, 1994.