Questions for students
FLIRTING 1:1 – 2:7
- Who calls her ‘most beautiful of women’? 1:8
- Is She describing an action or a wish? 2:6
- Is she following her own advice? 2:7
BECOMING SERIOUS 2:8 – 3:5
- Is the guy saying NO (in a very careful way)?
- Have they had sex yet
- What DAY is she talking about? 2:17
- Is she following her own advice now?
THE WEDDING NIGHT 3:6 – 5:1
- My sister my bride – Is she his sister? 4:9
- Have they had sex yet? Verse 4:15
- How about now? Verse 5:1
- Who is giving approval? 5:1
- Who took the lead in the timing, the pace?
THE FIGHT 5:2 – 5:7
- Why was she upset?
- Was she trying to avoid having sex?
- Did he think he had done anything wrong?
- Did she think she had done anything wrong?
- Who was right?
HELP FROM FRIENDS 5:8 – 6:3
- Were the friends helping, or giving her a little pay back?
- The ivory – is that a reference to his ‘member’ ?
- In their second question, where did the friends think he had gone?
- Where did she think he had gone?
RECONNECTING – HE COMES BACK 6:4 – 12
- Think you can explain what he said or which translation is correct?
- Who are the queens?
- Does she understand what he is communicating in 6:11-12?
MAKING UP CONTINUES ALONE 6:13 – 7:10
- Dance of the two camps. What is it? 6:13
- Is she doing some kind of movements or dance? – 7:1
- What is she wearing – your opinion?
- Was she trying to excite him?
- Over the lips and teeth – what does this verse mean? 7:9
WORKING HER PLAN 7:11 – 8:5
- Is it ok for the girl to make the first move?
- Is it ok for her to take the lead in lovemaking/sex?
- The brother, and mother references – Is she teasing him?
- What does she mean ‘old and new’ ?
- Explain why she has mandrakes.
- Is she repeating the warning that she gave twice before, or is this a warning to NOT hold back, but to go for it: 8:4
WARNINGS – 8:6 – 8:7
- Can money buy love?
- Jealousy – Is it good or bad or does it depend on how it is used?
- SEX – Is it good or bad or does it depend on how it is used?
- LOVE, ROMANCE, MARRIAGE, RELATIONSHIP – same question..
- On your arm, on your heart. What does she mean?
CONTENTMENT 8:8 – 8:12
- Her comments about her own breasts –Does her confidence increase through the song?
- Does she feel confident in the relationship?
- Will ‘boarding up’ the young girls work?
STILL THE ONE 8:13 – 14
- Did they live happily ever after?
- If you follow the pattern in Song Of Solomon will you live happily ever after?
- Does this verse show that they are working at making time for each other?
- Does she still like Sex?
Section Twelve Bonus Section
- Guys, would you like a wife who is this aggressive and confident sexually?
- Girls, would you be more aggressive or more passive than this girl?
- Sister/bride – How equal would you want your relationship to be?
- Would it be worth it to give up some opportunities for sex now to wait and create a relationship like this?
- Would it be worth it to give up some opportunities for sex now, even though you had no idea if you would ever be in a good relationship?