Reasons Why People Have Sex when they just do their own thing.
- The person was “available”
- I didn’t want to “lose” the person
- I thought it would help “trap” a new partner
- I wanted to capture someone else’s mate
- I felt sorry for the person
- I wanted to feel powerful
- I wanted to “possess” the person
- I wanted to release tension
- I wanted to feel good about myself
- I was slumming
List from a survey by Dr Cindy Meston and Dr David M Buss
Compare to Advice in Song of Solomon
1) She has been flirting with a guy and she is getting turned on– WAIT
2) She is serious about a guy and is ready to make it permanent– WAIT
3) She is married, committed, has stated to the world that she is in a relationship with just this one guy. They have just had sex.
GO FOR IT. ENJOY EACH OTHER
4) After a fight they have made up Big Time, and she gave this advice.
I want you to promise me, O young women of Jerusalem,
that you will surely arouse, you will surely awaken love
when love pleases to awaken GLK
Not only Go for it, but SUPERCHARGE IT.
The advice in Song of Solomon leads to great sex that continues to get better as the relationship grows. The people in the survey can feel good about sex for a little while, but they aren’t building anything. It won’t make it to great.