Reasons Why People Have Sex when they just do their own thing.
- I wanted to communicate at a “deeper level”
- I was afraid my partner would have an affair if i didn’t have sex with him/her
- I was curious about my sexual abilities
- I wanted a “spiritual” experience
- It was just part of the relationship “routine”
- I wanted to lose my inhibitions
- I got “carried away”
- I needed another “notch on my belt”
- The person demanded that I have sex with him/her
- The opportunity presented itself
List from a survey by Dr Cindy Meston and Dr David M Buss
Compare to Advice in Song of Solomon
1) She has been flirting with a guy and she is getting turned on– WAIT
2) She is serious about a guy and is ready to make it permanent– WAIT
3) She is married, committed, has stated to the world that she is in a relationship with just this one guy. They have just had sex.
GO FOR IT. ENJOY EACH OTHER
4) After a fight they have made up Big Time, and she gave this advice.
I want you to promise me, O young women of Jerusalem,
that you will surely arouse, you will surely awaken love
when love pleases to awaken GLK
Not only Go for it, but SUPERCHARGE IT.
The advice in Song of Solomon leads to great sex that continues to get better as the relationship grows. The people in the survey can feel good about sex for a little while, but they aren’t building anything. It won’t make it to great.